Thursday, 27 September 2012

Keys!!

Yes, we finally settled. The house is now in our hands and ready for all the hard work to start.

A few items that could have been handled better, but nothing that would stop us from settling today :)

Tuesday, 25 September 2012

Settlement V2

We have now booked in our settlement for Thursday. If all goes well, we will be Moorebank residents by the start of next week :D

Still a few things to be done before Thursday, including:

 - finish brick cleaning (bottom level cleaned yesterday, so just up around the balcony door)
 - painting
 - cleaning


Wednesday, 19 September 2012

Management called in

I bit the bullet and contacted management yesterday in regards to the issues we have been having.

I received a call 30 mins later from a friendly felllow named Peter, and booked in an inspection with the SS, Peter and ourselves for this morning. Obviously Peter's job is to smooth things out and make the client happy and he has done this.

We pointed out all the bricking issues and they were all noted down, so lets just hope they are all fixed.

It was nice to actually be told yes more then no.

 Four windows sills will be replaced and random bricks all over the house will be replaced that were installed crooked. Most of the mortar inconsistencies should also be fixed.

We still have a few items from the previous inspection they still need to repair. Nothing major.

We're hoping for settlement before the long weekend. Fingers crossed :D

Monday, 10 September 2012

Walkthrough..

As per the previous post, we delayed settlement as we didn't think the house would be finished - and we were right.

We would've lost the full day at work for nothing, as there was no way we going to settle with the house the way it is. Took around 1.5 hours to run through the house with our SS, placing more stickers.

Possibly another 1-2 weeks before settlement. No date was given.

Thursday, 6 September 2012

Settlement is delayed

We have delayed settlement as we know the house will not be completed to our satisfaction by Monday.

Whilst it looks like the majority of our issues picked up at settlement have been rectified, there are still some issues:

 - Bricks still chipped, even after Nawkaw finally got onsite yesterday
 - Roof tiles still mis-aigned, even after the tilers were onsite yesterday too
 - Electricians still yet to complete "additional" works
 - Windows still have gaps neat to bricks and need to have "storm moulds" installed
 - Mortar is still missing in quite a few places

The work Nawkaw did do, looks really good. I am really not sure why they put so much time into the "dead" side of the house and not on the Alfresco and Front entrance locations like we asked!